EARLY TOLLYWOOD

Kotha Bangaru Lokam Copied Scenes

SEARCH



1.24.2008

SARAT BABU



Actor Sarath Babu has played a variety of roles in the past 28 years. Many of these got him awards and rewards and the actor is still going strong. He has acted with some of the best-known directors in the industry and is looking to perform meatier roles in the years to come. Sarath Babu talks about his experience in the industry and intentions for the future.

While at college, I wanted to be a police officer. When I was doing my final year I had to wear glasses and the dream was shattered. My friends goaded me try my hand in films. Entering filmdom was a cakewalk for me. May be that was what the Almighty had decided for me.

After finishing college, I went to a function where I saw the giants of the silver screen — K. Balachander and Singeetham Srinivasa Rao. There I think K.B. saw me. He asked Singeetham whether he knew me. Director Rao called me and introduced me to K.B. sir.

He asked me whether I was interested in acting. I said yes. He asked me to come to his office the very next day. I was given a role in the film `Nizhal Nijamagirathu'.

The first shot was at Hyderabad. I was not nervous, as I knew that I was safe in the hands of K.B. sir. After that, I acted in some of his best films such as `Nool Veli'.

I have done nearly 200 films in all the South Indian languages and a couple of films in Hindi and one in English.

In these, Telugu and Tamil films share nearly 80 films each and 20 plus in Kannada and a few in Malayalam and two in Hindi.

I just finished an English film `Waking Dreams' and the film is to be released in November at the New York International film festival and then later in India.

It is centred around two families, one Indian and other American. I am the only actor from India and I represent the Indian family and all other actors are from the U.S. An Indian named Deepika is the director.

The film has come out well and I am waiting for its Indian release.

My grandchildren can watch all my movies. But I would like them to watch the best among the lot - `Nool Veli', `Mullum Malarum', `Udiripookal', `Salangai Oli' and `Amirthavarshini' (Kannada).

When the film `Nenjathai Killathe' went for the National awards, Hrishikesh Mukerjee was the chairman of the awards committee. I got a letter from him saying I missed the supporting actor award by a whisker. For me, that was the biggest award. I have also received eight `Nandi' awards from the Andhra Pradesh Government for best actor and supporting actor. I cherish these awards. I was shooting for a bilingual film in Rajamundry. K. Balachander came to Chennai to edit `Nool Veli'. When he returned, he patted me on the shoulders and said I had done my character in the best possible way and he mentioned a particular scene where he said my performance was excellent. That was more than an Oscar award for me.

I feel I was blessed in getting different roles in different languages. I like Sivaji Ganesan, S.V. Rangarao, Sanjeev Kumar, M.R. Radha and Savithri.

Apart from acting, I would like to do some other work in filmmaking. I may try my hand at direction and production. But that too only after five years. Till then I feel I am only a director's actor.
Sarathbabu

Filmography


Actor:

1. Waking Dreams (2008/II) (completed) .... Dr. Kumar
2. Shankardada Zindabad (2007)
3. Rocky: The Rebel (2006) .... Rocky's father
4. Asthram (2006)
5. Evandoi Srivaru (2006) .... Master
6. Sri Ramadasu (2006) .... Bhadrudu
7. Kalvanin Kadhali (2005) (as Sarath Babu)
8. Gajendra (2004)
9. Shock (2004) .... Dr. Rajan
10. Arul (2004)
11. Swethanagu (2004) .... Professor
12. Ninney Ishta Paddaanu (2003)
13. Kasthuriman (2003)
14. Istam (2001) .... Chakravarthy
15. Daddy (2001/I)
16. Annayya (2000) .... Rangarao
17. Akkada Abbai Ikkada Ammayi (1996) .... Vishnu Murthy
18. Suryaputrulu (1996)
19. Sisindri (1995)
20. Ghatotkachudu (1995) .... Koteswara Rao
21. Muthu (1995) .... Zamindar
22. Hello Brother (1994)
23. Ankuram (1993)
24. Aapathbandavudu (1992) .... Sripathi
25. Annamalai (1992) .... Ashok
26. Vadinagari Gajulu (1992)
27. Chettu Kinda Pleader (1989) .... Gopalakrishna
28. Kokila (1989)
29. Bava Marudula Sawal (1988)
30. Chinni Krishnudu (1988)
31. Dabbevariki Chedu (1987)
32. Samsaaram Oka Chadarangam (1987)
33. Velaikkaaran (1987)
34. Kalyana Thamboolam (1986)
35. Muddula Manavaraalu (1986)
36. Anveshana (1985) .... James
37. Pagal Nilavu (1985) .... Peter
38. Swathi (1985)
39. Swathi Muthyam (1985)
40. Sagara Sangamam (1983) .... Ragupathy
41. Sitaara (1983) .... Sitaara's Brother
42. YamaKinkarudu (1982) .... Kishore
43. Pelleedu Pillalu (1982) .... Durga's husband
44. 47 Natkal (1981)
45. Radha Kalyanam (1981) .... Dr. Anand
46. Seethakoka Chilaka (1981) .... David
47. Idi Kathakaadu (1979)
48. Tayaramma Bangarayya (1979)
49. Guppedu Manasu (1979)
50. Ninaithale Inikkum (1979) .... Guest
51. Utharipookal (1979) .... Prakash
52. Maro Charithra (1978)
53. Mullum Malarum (1978) .... Kumaran
54. Stree (1973)

Note: Don't forget to leave a comment

Early Tollywood

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Disclaimer: Dear users, Internet is a place where the information gets transformed and communicated in so many ways. So many have complained so much of content here but not everything is a replica of the information available on the internet. It has been done to spread the information to more number of people. This has been done to help the people only but not on any purpose. And also we acknowledge the original content owner by giving link to their website. I hope you understand the copyright laws of information and internet. We are just promoting the information by providing suitable acknowledgements. Even then if you have some problem with anything please mail us to admin@earlytollywood.com , we will get back to you on the issue.